Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not my biggest fan...


I am trying to write a book called 'Diary of an Expat Kid' from the point of view of my 8 yr old son. I have to admit I got the idea from the very first book he couldn't put down: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." Not that he's wimpy.

I intended it to be something he would enjoy reading and couldn't put down. He was very excited when I told him about my project and even volunteered to do the illustrations. That was until he read it. I guess he thought it would about some random boy that he could laugh about. After reading only three pages and underlining most of it with a pencil (the parts I would need to change) he claimed: "It's terrible. You need to change almost everything."
When asked to elaborate, he yelled: "It's my life!"
Not too encouraging...


3 comments: