|Expat Dad Michele with Alexander and Eliot|
2) Your kids boast about staying in 5 star resorts. Your childhood holidays often involved a tent.
3) You welcome 11 pm conference calls with California...not really.
4) Business trips are fine...unless they include a Sunday or a night flight from mainland China.
5) Your wife keeps very close track of your frequent flier miles.
6) You accept that a bottle of wine costs as much as a mini-vacation.
7) Business trip to Bangalore. Yoga retreat in India. Not the same thing.
8) You know which Asian airport has the best lounge, best sushi, longest taxi line.
9) You could be playing golf or relaxing by the pool, but you're not doing much of either.
10) Your wife no longer asks you which business destination has the best looking women. But she has noticed that Tokyo is the only city that makes you whistle while you pack.
(Published in Expat Living, April 2012)