Sunday, April 24, 2011

Heidi is Coming to Singapore!

Yeah, I am so excited, my freshman hallmate from college is coming to visit! She is the very first girl I remember meeting at Vassar. I recall thinking: "Ok, I'm out of here. Nobody should look that good." The fresh-faced beauty from Vermont (first and only girl I've ever known who doesn't use make-up...ever), the girl who introduced me to Elvis Costello, ripped jeans, and chocolate truffles. Think Betty Boop meets Betty Blue. When I showed my friends back home her photo after freshman year they summed it up in one word: "Madonna..." (Italian expression of amazement, not the singer). Can't wait to see you, Heidi!!!



(As you can see from the photo, modest preparations are underway for your arrival.)

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to do the same preparations for when I visit???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you too, Heidi!

    Julian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Jules, watching you play at the Botanic Gardens, with Heidi and my other friends, will be the cherry on the veritable pie!

    ReplyDelete