Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Selling like hotcakes at Kinokuniya!!

"Who said there's nothing good to read on buses?"


Quick update from the bookstore: It has been restocked!!

"Diary of An Expat in Singapore sold out in its first week at Kinokuniya." Not even remotely what I was expecting would happen seven months ago, when I sat in front of a table full of post-its, wondering exactly how many words make up a book.
Not to mention its inauspicious placement on book shelves in some of the other bookstores, discussed here: http://diaryofanexpatinsingapore.blogspot.sg/2013/08/life-is-stranger-than-fiction.html
I may have dreamed of being next to "Rich Dad, Poor Dad,"  but business? Really?

So a very big thank you to all of you who took the plunge and went out and bought the book! I am loving your feedback. Especially when it contains the words: 'hilarious,' 'can't put it down', 'kids are making their own dinner tonight'. On the other hand, if it made you cry...no need to share. Not aiming for the Pulitzer here (obviously). One week ago, I was just hoping Eliot and her cousin Luca pictured above, wouldn't be the only readers :)

2 comments:

  1. It was in the bestseller section at Times too! Which did not make the shopgirl find it any quicker, I had to fire up FB to get the correct spelling of your name for her to search it... with me tapping my foot as I was already late for a doctors appointment... I should have thought to look there straight away! Great read, really livened up the following waiting room wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karien! That means a lot coming from a cool expat blogger as yourself!

      Delete