Tuesday, December 3, 2013

10 Questions to An Expat: Giacomo Galtarossa

"Daddy, I want mine al dente."


1) Hello Giacomo, how long have you lived here and what do you do?
I have lived in Singapore a little over four years. I started my own artisanal gelato company, but after it was bought by Pastamania http://www.pastamania.com.sg/, I became brand chief and head of their Italian Affairs Division.

2) Sounds delish (as my daughter would say). Where are you from originally?
Verona, Italy.

3) What brought you here?
My wife Claudia and I came here on our honeymoon and liked it very much.  We always wanted to make Asia our home.

4) What do you to in your spare time?
What spare time? With four kids (Felipe, Maria Teresa, Alberto, and baby Caterina) there isn't much of that. But we do like to go to Legoland in Malaysia.

5) What do you like best about Singapore?
How helpful people are.

6) Least?
I miss the change of seasons.

7) Never leave the house without?
A good idea of where to go.

8) Best weekend trip?
Bali.

9) Interesting fact people don't know about you?
I hold the high altitude record in sky diving in South America: 33,000 ft. I was part of a Venezuelan Army team.

10) And what advice would you give someone who is about to move here?
Relax and enjoy your time here. As an entrepreneur, I would say choosing the right location is key.


No comments:

Post a Comment